Friday, October 9, 2015

"Reassurance & Hope Will Get You Through Your Toughest Battles"

This morning I woke up "on the wrong side of the bed." I don't know whether it was the lack of sleep or pure laziness that was causing me to feel so gloomy. I had purposely hit snooze on my alarm clock causing me to be late. For some reason I didn't care, and I just dragged. To make matters worse, when I walked out of the door, it was raining. I rushed inside grabbed an umbrella and rushed to my destination. For some reason, I wasn't in a good mood, and I felt my day getting worse. Soon thoughts of unhappiness and all kinds of negative started to cross my mind. I had to put a stop to the gloominess before it ruined my entire day.

After sitting at work for a few minutes, I realized that I was allowing the devil in. I was allowing him to cause me to doubt. I was allowing him to plant a seed. In the mist of our storms, Satan preys on our weakness. He wants us to have doubt. He wants us to express our feelings of discontent. He wants us to feel gloomy. When we show him these things, it gives him room to come in and create greater disbelief. When Satan does this he affects our faith in God. He doesn't want us to have faith because he knows that our God is powerful and can do all things. Satan knows that he is no match for God, and so he tries to prey on our weaknesses. This is why we have to stay faithful and never allow him to "catch us slipping".

Let me tell you about how I almost slipped. Well, I told you how my day started. I was not in the mood. I started to get angry and wonder when were my prayers going to be answered. I almost felt defeated. I even started to question this journey of doing right. I was like, "Okay I'm trying, but things seemed to be getting worse." I wondered if I should turn back. God loves me and guess what he did. He sent some reassurance. To many it may be small, but it was a simple email. That email gave me hope. You see, God knows when we are getting weak. He sees and appreciates when we are trying hard. God will send reassurance and hope when we feel like giving up.

Lately, I have been noticing God opening doors that give me hope. For instance, it was this house that I fell in love with, but it wasn't a good time to consider buying a home. Well, I started to claim the house and guess what, one day I realized the house was no longer on the market. I was angry because I loved that house. So, I put it in the back of my head because I know he has greater. Well, yesterday I was online and guess what the house is back on the market with a lowered price. No, I'm not about to go out and buy the house, but it just shows that God gives us hope and reassurance when he sees us trying. God loves us and he doesn't want us to hurt.

I call this period I am in a "training camp." I needed to go through this to learn more about myself, which will allow me to learn more about him. It will help me understand my true purpose. At first, I was doing what I thought I should be doing and not what he wanted me to do. It took me being in this "training camp" to learn to be open and ready to listen. I'm not there but I feel a graduation coming soon. I feel something great, and the reassurance he gives daily gives me hope and it also gives me a preview of the greater. So, remember when you are going through your "training camp" stay faithful, and remember that it is okay to feel down sometimes, but pray for reassurance and use that reassurance as hope to get you through.

1 comment: