Tuesday, January 6, 2015

"If You SAY SO"

I know most of us have heard of "the power of the tongue" or "speaking things into existence". I know some of us may not even realize the power in those words. I know I didn't really understand the power that God had given me. The reality of those words came to me on this morning. Most mornings I need a boost or uplifting, so usually I search for songs, quotes, or even small sermons to give me a push. It's like my morning coffee. This morning I stumbled across a sermon titled "saying so". It caught my attention because I was wondering, "What could this possibly be about"? As I listened, I realized that the pastor was discussing "SPEAKING THINGS INTO EXISTENCE." At that moment I knew that God sent that message to me because today is day two of my detox and the theme is "changing the way you think".

As I listened to the sermon, I realized that I had all of the tools I needed already to fix my situations, to heel, to accomplish my goals, and to do everything that is pleasing to God. He had already given me the answers, and I was ignoring them. I guess I am so used to thinking about all of the negative, and allowing past situations to determine what I thought or predicted about future situations. I need so badly to change the way I think; I need a renewed mind. Instead of looking at the worse in situations, I need to look at the positive and learn to be in control of situations. Many times I would be so negative and declare that the worse things would happen, and the worse would happen. For instance, some mornings I would wake up and declare a long and awful day. Guess what, my day would be the worse. If I learn to speak good things, and stay positive even when I face adversity, I will see so much change in my life.

I am not saying that when you speak good things, you will never face a trial or tribulation. I am saying that we need to start speaking blessings into our lives. When you feel down, declare and claim a better mood. When your relationships are failing, don't just say it'll never get better. Sometimes we get caught up in looking at how big our problems are when we should be talking about how big our GOD is. He can fix, change, repair, bring together, and bless any situation. We have to learn to have faith, work at it, and speak positive things in our lives. Let's get out of the habit of dwelling in our hurt and feeling sorry for our situations. Let's renew our minds, and start to speak ourselves out of our trying times.

Remember, nothing is to big for God. Just because we face trying situations does not mean we have to remain in them. Let's learn to have faith and to speak our way out of our trials and tribulations. If you can say it, it can happen. If you don't remember or take anything from this post, remember the phrase "If You SAY SO".

No comments:

Post a Comment